Friday, April 25, 2014

Planning ahead-- A nineteen year old!!

 A teenage Missionary reaches out

Luke 8

King James Version (KJV)
And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

I was attending a party at my granddaughter Sarah's house recently, with a group of ladies I had never met.  As I stood in the crowd by the kitchen snack bar counter I looked around and noticed a younger lady sitting on the couch by herself.  We smiled, then I went back to the conversation at the counter.

A few minutes passed and I felt a presence beside me.  Turning, I realized the young lady had moved into the kitchen beside me.  She quickly introduced herself and we began to talk.  I asked Ashley what she does and she said, "I am a missionary".  I looked at her thinking, "you are only a teenager, how can you possibly be a missionary already."

As she spoke, I realized she is very mature for nineteen, and LOVES THE LORD!  She began to tell me she had recently spent three months in China helping establish a mission spot and hopes to be able to reach out to others wherever God leads her.

Her tshirt proclaimed she is a follower of Christ with a group called "TeamXtreme"..... www.teamxtremeintl.com . She is with a music team that travels nationally and internationally whenever possible.  Ashley was excited to find someone who understands what she is doing with her life.  When she discovered (my big cross necklace may have given her a clue)  that I am a Christian vocalist as well as a songwriter she shared with me that God is guiding her to write songs.  She has two thus far  and is working toward writing eight more to create a CD.  She hopes to be able to sell enough to help out with her expenses.

She asked for my email address and website so we can keep in touch.  I suggested she start a blog so she can share her experiences with others as she travels.  I am sure she is in for some exciting times of seeing people come to Christ and  perhaps some spectacular healings and other miracles.

Keep checking back and I will share her Blog when she gets it up and running.

If you would like to be notified when I have added a blog page, please look up to the word: submit enter your email address and click to become a follower of my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment