Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God just gave me a nudge!

I just love the way God works in our lives. Kind of like a nudge to point us in the right direction I guess...He whispers an idea in my head (of course, I just think it is my idea) , then He takes the next step to show me it must be a message from Him. Just an example of what I am muttering about:


Last night as I was sitting at the computer, Gary (my husband) emailed me an advertizement of a Gospel music retreat this spring in New Mexico. He said, " this is close to the area in Arizona that you have been wanting to visit. Why don't we make a trip to Arizona, then swing over to Santa Fe to go to the retreat. As we were looking at the map, I noticed that Santa Fe is just south of Colorado Springs, one of the towns where we did a concert in a church a couple of years ago and they said if we were ever back in the area they would love for us to come again.


I have been wanting to put together another Gospel music tour ever since, so I said, " You know we could come back home by way of Colorado Springs, schedule a concert there and then get a few more scheduled along the way home." Gary said, "That sounds like a good idea,...yeah, we could contact the Waits and see if they can arrange a date that would fit with our trip.


Tonight, I answered the phone and a man says, " Hi Betty, this is Les Wait from Colorado Springs. I was just looking through my junk email and came across one from you saying you would like to come back this way to do another concert." We would sure like to see if we can arrange it for you." I said, " Les, when was that email dated ( I had not sent one recently) and he said " Well, let me see, it is Dec 17th".


It has been more than a year since I sent that email, Dec 17, 2009 ! Not this past Dec. The email had accidently been put in junk because we don't correspond frequently, and he just now was cleaning out his junk and found it!!!


Now, you tell me if this doesn't mean God wants us to go to Colorado Springs this spring. We are going. If you happen to live between there and Vacaville Ca. and would like to schedule a Gospel concert on our way home, let me know at bettyoverstreet@hotmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty, I got your message on FB about your blog so came over to say hi. I like to say that Christians don't say coincidence, we say Godincidence, and that is what you are describing. Isn't it wonderful? Come on over and visit my blog and say hi, http://terragarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl, I am back writing again to come on over and check out some of my "musings".

      Delete