Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Be Available to Listen to the young!



I had the opportunity today to spend an hour with a young girl who is around 13-14 while driving home from my grandaughters home. The girl lives near us and had visiting with my grandaughters family. I believe it is the first time I have been in the position to need to discuss Jesus with a young person-one on one.

As she began to talk about her life I asked her if she attends a church and she said her step-dad has begun taking her to a church. As the conversation continued I asked her if she had her own bible and she said no, where do you find a bible (sad). I told her at a Christian bookstore and she said 'A Christian bookstore? I didn't know there was such a store'. I told her I will buy her one. I discovered she thought Noah's ark was just a little story, didn't know it is a true story and wanted to know why he built it. Then she mentioned a story someone told her about Mary, Joseph and a donkey. (sadder still)

I was amazed at the questions and so thankful God gave me what I believe were the correct answers for her. I love sharing Jesus through my music and books but have never felt compatent to speak or try to teach about him through speaking. I thank God for always being beside me when I am so in need of Him!

We must all be aware that there is a whole generation of young people who are not being guided by Christians either in or out of their homes. We must take the time to talk and listen to them whenever God gives us the opportunity.



We would love to share our love for God through music at your church! Call us at 707-478-8451 or 707-688-5812 or visit our website www.bettyoverstreet.com for music sampling"

No comments:

Post a Comment