Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God has plans for you

A new year is just beginning...what are you planning for the coming season? Travel, working, starting a new career, etc, etc. Did you make a New Year resolution, that will probably be broken within a month or two?

Perhaps the best New Year's resolution we could possibly make is to listen for God's plan. Just stay quiet and ask for His plan for us for the New Year. I don't always remember to pray about what to do next, but I remember a time, about 10 years ago that I did just that.

Sitting in church one Sunday morning, praying please Lord, let me know what you want me to do with the rest of my life..." Write your poetry",,came a quiet, gentle voice. I was shocked! I thought someone heard me praying and answered me. Someone did. And as I realized it was not just somebody I asked again, "What do you want me to do?" and He answered, "Write inspirationally and it will be published".

God is good! He guided me each step of the way as I began writing my first book, "The Lord still speaks, are you listening". It was followed about a year later by "Water to wine, 2 fish to a feast". And then, "Mistletoe Memories" , a book of Christmas poetry.

Some people are quick to say, " God or Jesus don't speak to us" , and it breaks my heart when I hear this for He does, not always audibly but in many ways, that I will be writing about at a later time.

Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying, "Write thee all the words taht i have spoken unto thee in a book". Jeremiah 30:2 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment