Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sing to the Lord

Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things  Isaiah  12:5

Being a singer myself I am very excited when I meet someone who shares my first love!  Last night I was attending a party at my granddaughters home and a young lady came over and introduced herself to me.  As we began talking I discovered she is a 19 year old missionary, She has been to China on a three month misson trip and is now traveling with a group of Christian singers cross-country and hopefully world-wide sharing Jesus through song.

Ashley was excited to share that God has allowed her to write two songs thus far and she plans to increase that to enough to create a CD to help finance her life working for God.  When I told her that I have also written Christian songs she was thrilled to be sharing her story with someone who could understand what she is doing!  

Of course, as we all know, missionaries have to earn the necessarily funds to finance their travel  or make contact with people who are willing to sponsor them in their work for God.  She is expecting the sale of her CD to provide needed funds. 

Ashley wanted to hear my music so I directed her to our website: www.bettyoverstreet.com and also : www.reverbnation.com where most of my songs are available as audio and some videos. 

I suggested that she begin a blog so that she would be able to "take us along" on her travels.  She will be considering that .  

Have to run now, maybe it is time to write a new song.......Have a wonderful day!
If you would like to be notified when I have added a blog page, please look up to the word: submit enter your email address and click to become a follower of my blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment