Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A book I never read! Until today...

How often do we pass by a book in the Bible, say, "Gee, I have never read that book before" and continue on to the particular scripture we are searching for?

It seems as I was growing up we were always being told the stories of Adam and Eve, Noah and his ark, Jonah and his whale.....and there were so many stories, books and situations that were never touched on.

As a young adult I took my children to church and Sunday school, we attended Morning worship and still there were so many parts of the Bible never studied or mentioned.

Now, as I turn the pages, looking for a particular chapter or verse, I realize there are still many books I have never read so this morning as I turned toward the New Testament I stopped when my fingers reached Malachi and said, "I wonder who he was.  I think it is time to read about him."

The Book of Malachi is a challenge to take God seriously, not just in giving but in every aspect of life. (The Inspirational Study Bible by Max Lucado -- introduction to this book.)

This book seems to cover it all as Malachi is confronted by The Lord.  He speak to Malachi of all the situations in which Israel is not honoring Him.

He speaks of Polluted offerings as the Priests and  people offer lambs that are lame, blind and sick instead of the best of the flock. God does not want the offerings that are blemished.  He wants us to love Him enough to offer our best!

HE speaks of the sanctity of marriage and how the people were marrying outside of their faith.  He seeks Holy offspring (Malachi 3:15). If we marry outside our faith of God the children will probably not be raised to worship God.

He speaks of tithes and how we must not rob him.  "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this" says the Lord of Hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven an pour out for you such blessings that there will not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10 

I can not wait to turn back to enjoy reading more of the stories that are brand new to me!  Perhaps God will guide me to a verse that He wants me to write a song about!  

If you would like to hear my most recent song that God gave me to write please check it out on my www.Reverbnation.com/bettyoverstreet  page.   HE WALKED TO CALVARY   

www.facebook.com/bettysmusic
lizbeth1939@yahoo.com  

If you would like to be notified when I have added a blog page, please look up to the word: submit enter your email address and click to become a follower of my blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment