Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5/13/2014   
1 Corinthians 13:7
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.






As I read this verse in 1 Corinthians, seems it must have been written for only perfect people.  Those who never make a mistake or walk down the pathways I have trod.  Or perhaps the times in my life I am thinking of , I was not experiencing true love.  I think of love first as my love for a man who may become a marriage partner.  It has always gone sour and ended in divorce, until I met my present husband. 

Of course, if this verse is speaking of the Love God has for us, then it is so very correct!

When I have walked through life, as it becomes impossible to endure another moment of a problem, I have found hope by turning to God for peace, knowledge, and love .  Then I realize I can endure long enough to decide what direction to turn, to turn the problem around.

And then I look at my children and grandchildren and the love I have for them is the kind mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13:7.   No matter what  trials they  have been through my love is always strong, my faith in their decisions to find the right direction hardly ever falters and I am always hopeful that they will find God and invite Him to be number one in their lives. 

So, read the verse again and thank God for enabling us to experience His gift of Love ...

If you would like to be notified when I have added a blog page, please look up to the word: submit enter your email address and click to become a follower of my blog.  
































1 comment: