Thursday, September 18, 2014

My new Book Store at Amazon.com

My books have been available on Amazon.com for many years, however, until today I didn't know I could have a page to show all available ones in one place.
http//www.amazon.com/author/bettyoverstreet   Most books are also available at www.lulu.com/bettyoverstreet


My first book, "The Lord still speaks, are you listening" was published in 2004.  It is a compilation of short stories shared with me by my friends (and sometimes people unknown to me who were friends of friends).

As I sat in church one morning praying, asking God what he wanted me to do with my life, He said " Write your poetry".  Very clear, audible words. I was a complete skeptic at that time, believing folks with being untruthful when they claimed to have heard Him speak.  He had to speak right out loud to me in order to lead me to write this book.  As I told some friends what had happened they began to tell me of incidents that had happened to them--and so began my first book!

After the first book was published I began to receive word from others who read it--"I wish I had known you were writing this book, I have a story I would love to share with others".  And so began the next book: " Water to wine, 2 fish to a feast".

I want to encourage you, if you have ever had a desire to write, do not wait another day!  Just start writing.  And then, find a writers group close by to join.  Writers love to help other writers with information and encouragement.

Please check out my new Book Store and if you have read some of my books, leave a review so others will be interested!   Thanks and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment